007 How Entrepreneurs Should Tackle Acquiring Investment with KdT Ventures Founder Dr Cain McClary
Cain joins me today to talk about the types of projects, companies, and entrepreneurs that receive investment and support from KdT Ventures. He discusses how to approach investment pitches and the key things that entrepreneurs should be aware of before attending one. I also spoke with Robert to learn how Cain and KdT Ventures helped him and Patchd receive investment capital to grow his business.
You can never talk to too many people. The more conversations you have, and the more of an open mind you have during those conversations, the more you will be able to grow and understand the layers of the world.Dr. Cain McClary
This week on the Supportedly Podcast:
- Cain’s Journey from medicine to early-stage investing.
- How he raised venture capital to develop frontier computational technologies, machine learning, and artificial learning to revolutionize medicine, chemicals, agriculture, and biology.
- About KdT and the company’s investment thesis.
- The types of projects and entrepreneurs that get investments from KdT.
- Examples of the misalignments that still get investments from KdT.
- How to get in touch and be noticed by institutional venture capitalists.
- The points that entrepreneurs fail to make when pitching for investment.
- The financial metrics, strategies, and competition awareness that entrepreneurs should have before making investment pitches.
- The support and what it is like to be a company invested in by KdT.
- Robert’s background, and the miracle that inspired him to found Patchd.
- Developing an AI (artificial intelligence) that can predict sepsis.
- How Patchd got paired up with KdT Ventures.
- What Robert finds so unique and exciting about KdT Ventures.
- The proactive role that Cain and KdT take in helping Robert and Patchd.
- The lessons that Robert would like to pass on to other entrepreneurs.
Cain will go to the end of the earth to find a solution.Robert Quinn
Connect with Dr. Cain McClary:
Connect with Robert Quinn:
This episode is sponsored by Spengler Agans Law Firm
When it comes to all aspects of your business – who you work with matters. Spengler Agans Lawis Charlotte’s go-to law firm for startup businesses and small to mid-size companies. Spengler Agans specializes in helping entrepreneurs with everything from business formation to key contracts to early-stage funding. Spengler Agans attorneys and associates help clients understand how various strategic business options can increase or reduce risk and how to grow a sustainable company.
Working with a law firm that specializes in providing top legal guidance to startup businesses and entrepreneurial enterprises makes a difference. Learn more about Spengler Agans Law Firm and their services by visiting SpenglerAgansLaw.com
Share this Podcast!
I utilize my background and expertise in project leadership to find creative operational solutions every day. I’m passionate about great ideas and inspired by the entrepreneurs who bring them to life (ever seen someone cry happy tears over your prototype?). I'm fortunate to work with people who share my passions and inspire me every day. Together, we're working non-stop to create cool things that empower entrepreneurs and business owners, like Supportedly.com, the place to find entrepreneurial support programs, events, and actionable content like The Supportedly Podcast. To all the providers and entrepreneurs they support, thanks for letting me tell your stories, and if you’re reading this, I hope we’ve helped make your entrepreneurial journey just a little be easier and maybe even more exciting!
Robert Quinn is the co-founder and CEO of Patchd, a company formed on the back of the miracle of Robert having a liver transplant and surviving eighteen cases of sepsis. Patchd has developed artificial intelligence that can predict with high levels of accuracy if someone will get sepsis. He has a degree in Mechatronic Engineering and dual degrees in Biomedical Science, from the University of Queensland and the University of Virginia.