032 Fueling Creative Entrepreneurship: Turning Passion into Sustainable Business Ventures with Margaret Collins
Margaret joins me today to discuss what the Center for Creative Economy is about as well as their recent accelerator program, VELOCITY. She describes the need for creatives in our economy and how VELOCITY can help creative entrepreneurs get a head start. I also spoke with Kevin Clark to learn more about Point Motion, its goals and projects, and how the Center for Creative Economy supported the company’s growth.
There are amazing things that creatives – when they put their mind to it – can do that also solves problems and create an economy.Margaret Collins
This week on the Supportedly Podcast:
- Who Margaret Collins is and her educational and professional background.
- What led Margaret to start The Center for Creative Economy.
- The focus and goals of the CCE and how they plan to achieve them.
- The Velocity Accelerator program and how it works.
- The benefits of going through the Velocity Accelerator program.
- Why focusing on creative entrepreneurship is just as important as focusing on other entrepreneurs.
- Kevin Clark’s journey and what led him to start Point Motion.
- Kevin’s passion for music and how it influenced his entrepreneurial spirit.
- How Point Motion works and its potential in the healthcare space.
- What it takes for an idea to flourish in any industry.
- How Margaret’s team helped Kevin grow Point Motion.
Margaret and her group, they really looked at what my needs were. They didn’t just throw people my way.Kevin Clark
Free & Low-Cost Programs at The Center for Creative Economy:
Connect with Margaret Collins:
Connect with Kevin Clark:
Share this Podcast!
I utilize my background and expertise in project leadership to find creative operational solutions every day. I’m passionate about great ideas and inspired by the entrepreneurs who bring them to life (ever seen someone cry happy tears over your prototype?). I'm fortunate to work with people who share my passions and inspire me every day. Together, we're working non-stop to create cool things that empower entrepreneurs and business owners, like Supportedly.com, the place to find entrepreneurial support programs, events, and actionable content like The Supportedly Podcast. To all the providers and entrepreneurs they support, thanks for letting me tell your stories, and if you’re reading this, I hope we’ve helped make your entrepreneurial journey just a little be easier and maybe even more exciting!
Margaret Collins is the Executive Director of The Center for Creative Economy or CCE. CCE’s goal is to help promising entrepreneurs accelerate their business ventures through various training and sponsorship programs. She earned her BA in Music Performance at the Wake Forest University and her MA in Arts Administration at the American University. Margaret is also part of the 2006 graduates of Leadership Winston-Salem.
Kevin Clark is the CEO & Founder of Point Motion. Point Motion is a software company that seeks to improve the healthcare space by developing motion capture technologies for health and education programs, primarily for children with special needs. He was named one of Boston’s “Top 25 Under 25” by the Improper Bostonian. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Kevin had a passion for music as evidenced by his BA in Music from Western Connecticut State University and his Bachelor’s Degree in Jazz Composition and Film Scoring from Berklee College of Music.