021 Thom Ruhe Part Tuhe: The Economic and Socio-Political Implications of Supporting Entrepreneurship
Thom re-joins me on today’s episode to share the role that entrepreneurship plays in the economy and why it is critically important to support entrepreneurs. He shares the lessons he has learned throughout his career and explains the critical role entrepreneurs and their startups play in building and maintaining a healthy economy.
You can have world peace through entrepreneurship.Thom Ruhe
This week on the Supportedly Podcast:
- The mistakes that Thom wishes he could have avoided and the lessons he learned.
- The secret to good economic development.
- What happens if we don’t support entrepreneurs and the decline of startup activity.
- How the rate of startups and entrepreneurship affects how the economy is rejuvenated.
- The effects of corporate concentration and how 1-in-4 North Carolinians are living with economic uncertainty.
- Why Thom believes we can find world peace through entrepreneurship.
- 020 NC IDEA: Supporting Entrepreneurs Through Grant Funding, Mentorship, and Programming with President and CEO, Thom Ruhe
Free & Low-Cost Programs at NC IDEA:
Connect with Thom Ruhe:
Share this Podcast!
I utilize my background and expertise in project leadership to find creative operational solutions every day. I’m passionate about great ideas and inspired by the entrepreneurs who bring them to life (ever seen someone cry happy tears over your prototype?). I'm fortunate to work with people who share my passions and inspire me every day. Together, we're working non-stop to create cool things that empower entrepreneurs and business owners, like Supportedly.com, the place to find entrepreneurial support programs, events, and actionable content like The Supportedly Podcast. To all the providers and entrepreneurs they support, thanks for letting me tell your stories, and if you’re reading this, I hope we’ve helped make your entrepreneurial journey just a little be easier and maybe even more exciting!
Thom Ruhe is the President of NC IDEA, a North Carolina based private foundation that aids startup ecosystems and entrepreneurs to strengthen and develop their business ideas. NC IDEA offers a variety of free and low-cost programs to entrepreneurs and business owners, such as NC IDEA SEED, NC IDEA ECOSYSTEM, and NC IDEA ENGAGE to help them learn how to take their idea to the next level, raise capital, and find mentorship. Thom is frequently quoted in business publications such as The New York Times, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal and has worked with several major companies such as Jumpstart Inc and the Kauffman Foundation.